The Graduate Certificate in Event Management is designed for working professionals seeking formal qualifications as well as students who wish to develop knowledge and skills relevant to the event sector.
This postgraduate qualification is designed to expose students to contemporary event management theories, concepts and skills that are the basis of successful events across a range of economic sectors.
Students will learn how to critically interpret and evaluate the impacts, trends and issues associated with event management, as well as how to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Event Management, students may be eligible to articulate (enter) into the second semester of the ICMS Master of Event Management.
|Campus:||City Campus, Sydney||Northern Beaches Campus, Manly|
|Duration:||18 weeks (or part time equivalent)||18 weeks (or part time equivalent)|
|Study Mode:||on campus||on campus|
|Start:||Feb, Jul, Sept||Feb, Jul, Sept|
The course structure is based on one semester (18 weeks duration) of four core subjects plus a Research Skills Workshop (16 hours in total).
Course learning outcomes
Upon completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Critically interpret and evaluate the impacts, trends and issues associated with event management.
- Engage in independent research.
- Engage and communicate clearly with a diverse range of stakeholders associated with event management.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of key theoretical concepts underpinning the event industry.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of specialised management techniques underpinning the event industry.
- Conference/Meeting Organiser
- Event Manager/Coordinator
- Event Bidding and Procurement Professional
- Venue Manager
- Venue Sales Professional
- Exhibition Coordinator/Manager
- Business Development Manager
- PR/Media Manager for Events.
Course and Subject Details
- Media Management 600
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing 600
- Business Events and Association Management (PG)
- Impacts and strategic planning of international events (PG)
The course information on this website is indicative of a typical study pattern only and is subject to change. Enrolled students will be made aware of changes to their course structure or subjects.