ICMS understands the additional pressures placed on students through significant involvement in sport and the performing arts and we believe this should be considered for entry to higher education. The ICMS Elite Athletes and Performers Admissions pathway is for students whose sport or performing arts commitments may have impacted on their studies.
If you believe you do not meet the criteria for Elite Athlete/Performer Pathway Program, you may be eligible for the Early Entry Pathway or the Leadership Entry Program. Alternatively, make a Direct Application.
Elite Athletes –
To be considered an elite athlete, you must have represented your school or state at national level competition during Years 11 and/or 12.
Elite Performers –
To be considered an elite performer, you must have performed in extended or significant productions during Years 11 and/or 12.
THE NEXT STEPS
The application process is simple.
Complete an application form here.
An ICMS representative will contact you to request the following documentation;
1) Your personal statement:
Please submit a 1,000 word statement outlining:
- Why you want a career in your chosen course.
- Any extracurricular activities you have been involved in.
- What work or other experience you may have had that make you suitable for this course.
- Anything additional that makes you an outstanding applicant for one of our courses.
- For tips read 'How to Write a Great Personal Statement' here.
2) Letters of Reference/Support
Please submit a letter of reference/support from the following:
- Your school. This may be provided by your Sports Coordinator, Year 12 Advisor, Principal etc.
- Your coach, team official, state or national organisation, performing arts association/institute etc.
- Letter template here.
3) Your year 12 school results:
Please submit copies of your Semester 1 and Trial HSC results.*
If you already have this documentation, you are able to email firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject Line: Elite Athletes/Performers application
Interviews take place on the 21st September 2019 and you will be allocated a time and provided further details.
Rural and interstate applicants may be eligible for a phone interview.
You will be advised of the outcome of your application.
Applications close on the 7th February 2020.
Do you have questions or do you think you may have issues submitting your supporting documentation before this date? Don't stress. Just give us a call on (02) 9466 1240 or email email@example.com