Starting at ICMS

Here's everything you need to know about starting as a student at ICMS. If your question isn't here, please have a look at our Student Services pages. 


What ATAR do I need for entry?

ICMS does not use selection ranks (ATAR) for admissions. Applicants are assessed on performance in individual HSC (or equivalent) subjects and may be contacted by ICMS to attend an interview.


If you have applied for a High Academic Place (HAP) through UAC we will look at your ATAR in conjunction with your application interview. The ATAR requirements for a HAP at ICMS is not yet determined as this is the first intake for these places and the cut-off will depend on the number of applicants, the quality of those applicants and the number of HAP positions that we are able to give out. 


Admission Requirements for Domestic Students


What is FEE-Help?

FEE-Help is a loan given by the Australian government for tuition fees at ICMS. Every Australian citizen is eligible and all you need to do is fill out a FEE-Help form during orientation week and you will be granted a FEE-Help loan. FEE-Help loans are available for students studying all ICMS undergraduate qualifications.

How do I apply for accommodation?

Applications for accommodation are available via our website and are separate from your undergraduate application. Accommodation is not guaranteed and is on a first come, first served basis, with an emphasis on ensuring new students are offered a place on campus, where possible.

What time is check-in and check-out?

Check-in time is: 02:00pm – 10:00pm

Check-out time is: 10:00am


For alternative times please contact ICMS Reservations.

What happens if I will be arriving early?

If you will be living on campus and are arriving more than 2 days prior to start of O Week (New students only) you can request to check-in to your on-campus accommodation early. There is a cost for early accommodation and it is subject to availability. Please contact if you wish to arrive more than 2 days before O Week or prior to returning students check in.

Can you use FEE-Help to pay for accommodation?


How do I know if my accommodation has been confirmed?

Once you have completed the accommodation application form online you will be contacted via email by reservations and provided with accommodation payments information and steps to complete your application. Please note that an initial deposit does not guarantee accommodation.  All reservation payments are due 30 days prior to check in. Once all payments are received, a reservation can be confirmed. If you are in doubt please email

Do you have to live on campus?

No, many students opt to secure their own housing in Manly or the surrounding suburbs. Manly is generally a safe community with a close-knit student population. However, it is believed that your experience at ICMS is better if you live on campus, at least at the beginning of your studies. There are many great benefits which you will miss out on if you do not live on-campus.


Rooms are equipped with a desk, wardrobe, heating, and wireless internet. All linen is provided and rooms are dusted and vacuumed once a week. Each floor is equipped with a kitchenette, common showers, toilets and ironing facilities. You will also receive residential support from the Residential Assistants, senior ICMS student leaders who live on campus.

Is internet included in the accommodation package?

Yes. All students are provided with Internet access.

Is there after hours assistance?

There is always a member of the residential team available to assist students. Additionally, a manager on duty is present on campus 24/7. 

Safety and Security on Campus

Are ICMS residences secure?

ICMS has CCTV throughout the campus monitoring all entry points and common areas. Entrance to the building outside of class hours is only available for resident students, who need to produce their key and student ID to gain access. There is a manager on duty present 24/7 on campus. 

Safety and Security on Campus

Do you offer advanced standing at ICMS (credit for previous study)?

Yes, on a case-by-case basis. You need to supply ICMS admissions with the subject outlines and outcomes from your previous university. Your grades in the subjects are also important.

Where can I buy groceries locally?

There are two local supermarkets: 'Coles' and 'Aldi' located in the Manly CBD that are a 10min walk from the premises. 

How far away is the beach?

Manly & Shelly beaches are only a 5-7min walking distance from ICMS.

Is there public transport nearby?

Local bus transportation to other attractions on the Northern Beaches is accessible just outside of ICMS campus (Darley Road).  Public and Privately operated ferry transportation to the Sydney CBD is located just a 10 min walk from ICMS. Please ask at reception for maps, directions and timetables

Are there shops or restaurants nearby?

There is a variety of shops and restaurants located just a short walk from ICMS.

Please obtain a local guidebook from reception and enquire about any local discounts that may be available at participating outlets.

Is there car parking available?

ICMS provides limited on-site car parking on a first come- first serve basis to those displaying a current ICMS parking permit.  Please note that spaces are limited.

Are there sporting facilities?

ICMS has expansive grounds for various sporting activities including tennis, football, basketball and netball. There is also a pool table and ping pong table in the student common area. ICMS students also have teams in futsal and netball competitions. General fitness activities are often arranged like the running club, surf club, zumba, yoga and bootcamp.

How do I apply for FEE-help?

FEE-Help is available to all Australian pathway students for the Degree of Business and ICMS degrees. There will be a FEE-Help seminar during Orientation Week where you will be given information on how to apply. Students should note that a Tax File Number (TFN) is required to get a FEE-Help loan. If you don’t have a TFN you must apply for a number prior to applying for FEE-Help. 

Do you offer postgraduate degrees?

You can study an ICMS Master program. Areas of study include business, hospitality management, sport management and international tourism. 

How many intakes do you have per year?

There are three undergraduate intakes per year at ICMS. These are in February, May/June and September. Postgraduate intakes occur twice a year, February and July. We also have a number of Academic English Program intakes over 12 months.

Do ICMS courses offer practical components?

Yes. All ICMS courses incorporate a period of industry training of up to nine months. This is where students will be assisted by our Industry Training department in finding a job within the industry, as well as learning valuable tips on constructing a resume, cover letter and interviewing techniques.

What are the typical class sizes?

Class sizes at ICMS range depending on the subject. When part taking in a specialisation subject you will find that class sizes range between 20 to 25 people. When taking a business subject, class sizes can range around 35 people.

What is the ratio of domestic students to international students?

As ICMS has 3 intakes per year. The ratio of domestic students to international students does vary but on average we have around 50:50 domestic to international students. ICMS is represented by over 40 countries around the world, and this can definitely be seen when visiting ICMS. 

Can I combine degrees?

Yes. Once you can combine any two ICMS degrees provided they are in different disciplines. For example you could combine a Bachelor of Business Management with a Bachelor of Property (Development, Investment and Valuation). This takes between one and three additional trimesters to complete depending on subjects chosen.

How long are ICMS courses?

The duration of ICMS courses vary. They are as follows:

Diploma - one year
Bachelor of Business Management - 2.75 years
Specialist Bachelor degrees - 3 years
Graduate Certificate of Business - 6 months
Master degrees - 2 years

Academic English Programs – 5 – 15 weeks*

Can I live on campus during my industry training placement?

Generally, students cannot live in ICMS accommodation during their industry training component of their course. Many students look for accommodation either in Manly or the Manly area prior to starting their industry training placement, or closer to their work placement if in Sydney or interstate. Some students opt to complete their industry training in their home country. 

How do I apply?/When do I need to apply by?

The best way in which to apply to ICMS is through a direct application form

You are able to apply directly to ICMS at any time throughout the year. Once you have submitted this, one of the members of the Development Team will contact you with the next steps. It is important to note that you can apply both directly to ICMS and through UAC (February trimester only). Holding an additional UAC application means you will be eligible for a High Academic Place (HAP).