ICMS is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace place of study and work for all students and staff, including freedom from sexual assault and sexual harassment (SASH). Of course, students and staff must take reasonable care of themselves and others; we also ask that you cooperate with actions taken to protect health and safety; seek information or advice from a staff member before performing new or unfamiliar tasks; report all health and safety accidents, incidents and hazards as soon as is practicable; and follow emergency evacuation procedures.
- In an emergency, call 000 for fire, police or ambulance services.
- To contact Manly Police, call 02 9976 8099
- To contact Northern Beaches Hospital, call 02 9105 5000
- For free and confidential crisis support, call Lifeline 131 114
- Emergencies dial the Campus Manager on Duty; this number will be given to you upon arrival and found in the ICMS App.
- Report all issues immediately to the Director of Campus Operations and the Wellness Team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Manager on Duty dialling the number in the ICMS App relevant to your campus. All Managers on Duty are trained in first aid.
- For residing students, the Residential Leaders are also trained in First Aid and their numbers will be given to you upon arrival and also found in the ICMS App
HAZARD, ACCIDENT/INCIDENT REPORTING
- If you are involved in an accident, or if you identify a hazard at ICMS, then you should report to either a member of the WHS Committee or the Manager on Duty at your earliest convenience.
- If the accident is serious, report it to the Campus Manager on Duty.
- Read the Critical Incident Policy and Critical Incident Management Procedures for more information.
SAFE WORK PRACTICES
Always follow safe work practices as provided by your lecturer, demonstrator or other supervising staff. This includes wearing any protective equipment required. Ask for help if you are unsure about how to use a piece of equipment or undertake a task, particularly before carrying out new or unfamiliar work.
FIRE EVACUATION PROCEDURE
All Students will be instructed where the evacuation points and procedures for this during their Orientation.
- Moran and Kelly House Primary Assembly Area is on the Front Lawn away from the building.
- ICMS Head Office Primary Assembly Area is past the rear car park.
- ICMS City Campus Primary Evacuation Point is the Belmore Park across the road.
- Aspire Institute Primary Evacuation Point is the Corso Area.
- Alert signal: "BEEP BEEP".
- Evacuation signal: "WHOOP WHOOP".
If you hear the evacuation signal, check for any signs of immediate danger and, if appropriate to do so, calmly make your way to evacuation areas as previously mentioned. Exit signs are placed around the campus for your convenience.
Note: Do not use lifts in case of an emergency
SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOUR / INTRUDERS
Due to the location of the campus and the history around it, ICMS Manly will get a number of visitors. If you feel uncomfortable, please call Manager on Duty. If you are at other Campuses and notice someone not connected to the College, please contact the Manager in Duty. It is best not to approach someone who you don’t know but ensure that you and other students remain safe.
Across all ICMS campuses, we have installed CCTV cameras in key locations throughout ensuring all entries and exits to the building are monitored by the Managers on Duty. The vision is recorded and can be reviewed should the need arise.
SEXUAL ASSULT & SEXUAL HARASSMENT (SASH)
Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment (SASH) is not acceptable behaviour within the community or at ICMS. ICMS is committed to ensuring that there are clearly defined standards of behaviour and conduct for all enrolled students. By adhering to this Student Code of Conduct, students will ensure that both they and their peers will be afforded a safe and productive environment in which to study.
Unwanted sexual attention, including harassment, can prevent students from taking part in activities and involvement during their time at ICMS. Have a look at 'Is this consent? ...Two perspectives' .
If you or someone you know is in a position where they feel uncomfortable about a situation, it is best to speak out and seek support. Please speak with a Wellness Team member.
Alternatively, you can contact:
· Emergencies dial 000
· NSW Rape Crisis Centre: Is the 24/7 telephone and online crisis counselling service for anyone in NSW - men and women - who has experienced or is at risk of sexual assault and their non-offending supporters.
· Report all SASH issues immediately to the Director of Campus Operations and the Student Success Centre Manager. Email email@example.com
All ICMS students are given a daily internet quota, all ICMS sites (such as Avantis, Moodle etc) are quota-free and will not count against your daily usage.
Internet access relating to sexually explicit material, violent images or graphics, racist material and Internet activity relating to "Computer Hacking", illegal downloading and illegal access into other company's sites is strictly prohibited.
Learn more: Internet Use Policy