The International College of Management Sydney (ICMS) has partnered with Strathfield Council to offer students a unique scholarship offering a tuition waiver valued at up to $25,400* and includes placement in the Events Department of Strathfield Council. The Strathfield Council Scholarship is awarded to a student who displays enthusiasm and motivation for the events industry and whose aptitude, academic results and previous or current work experience fit with the sponsor’s (Strathfield Council) business goals.
The Strathfield Council Scholarship has a total value of up to $25,400 - The successful recipient will have the choice of accepting one of the following two payment options:
- Option 1. Tuition waiver valued at up to $25,400 with no payment during voluntary placement; or
- Option 2. Tuition waiver valued at up to $15,000 and payment during the voluntary placement ($400 paid weekly throughout the placement period up to a maximum total placement payment of $10,400).
- You must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Event Management or Bachelor of Business Management with Event electives.
- Students who are completing or who have completed the prerequisites for industry training. Note: the placement included in this scholarship contributes to your industry training.
- Completed application form
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Essay submission (minimum 500 words)
- Industry training report if applicable.
- Community, leadership and student body contributions
APPLICATIONS OPEN TERM 2 FOR SEPTEMBER 2020.
Step 1: Download the application kit
Step 2: Complete your application form.
Step 3: Submit your application by 5.00pm on Friday TBA - Week 9 (for scholarships commencing in the TBA trimester). Your application should be addressed to the ICMS Scholarships Board and supporting documents must be attached.
Step 4: Panel Interview with the ICMS Scholarship Board